| A Great Helper Watching the Stage
| Social Stats
- Expression: 3 - Silver-Tongued Devil
- Knowledge: 5 - Well-Versed
- Courage: 3 - Practically Prudent
- Understanding: 5 - Loves Your Flaws
- Diligence: 1 - Dog Chasing Cars
- Daisuke's first name can be roughly translated to 'great helper'; his last name roughly means 'watching the stage.'
- Daisuke performs a side job as an anonymous rumormonger through the internet as something of a hobby. His handle is 'Gakichan,' which is the same as his Darkside handle.
- He has a tendency to dye his hair roughly once every other month; he doesn't adhere to any strict schedule but seeing him go over two months with the same hair color is exceedingly rare.
- Daisuke's musical tastes range from 'classical' to 'pop' and everything in between; sometimes he'll simply listen to white noise and make up the melody himself.
- He enjoys gardening, and in fact maintains a hanging garden in his office.
- He can speak and understand most of the romance languages and Germanic well; thanks to dabbling in the occult he has a fairly good understanding of Latin, and he has a vague but not perfect grasp of Standard Mandarin.
- Itami operates a substantial information network spread across Inaba, Okina, and all of Sumaru, including Lunarvale and Tatsumi-shi. Daisuke has cultivated this network over many, many years through various seedy organizations, and his list of contacts include anything from the yakuza to experts on the occult and "supernatural."
- Omoikane Investigations typically performs its jobs through the internet. Many of Daisuke's more illicit dealings involves the hacking of computer systems in order to retrieve data that is less available to the public. As such, Daisuke is rather skilled at the use of the computer in both general internet surfing and in hacking, both malicious and benign.
- Though his connections with them are well-covered on his end, Daisuke counts the yakuza amongst his clientele. Specifically most of Itami's dealings are with the Yamaguchi-gumi stationed in Sumaru and Okina.
- Daisuke has a tendency to run a number of short-lived side-businesses outside his job as a private investigator and information broker, depending on what might strike his fancy at the time. His pursuit of hobbies is equally flighty.
- Daisuke keeps multiple cell phones, each serving specific purposes. Given his nature, he often cycles through these (read: breaks them) semi-regularly.
- Daisuke cooks. "How well" is a relative question.
| Logs and Cutscenes
Loggage can be found here. |
Old logs can be found here.
"People who deny their true nature are the worst sort of person. Maybe that's why I love them so much?"
|Profile And Skills
Profile: Daisuke Itami is a man in the business of interfering in other people's business. Running a cyber-investigation business known as Omoikane Investigations out of Okina City, Daisuke typically deals with performing background checks on individuals for various companies, amongst other assorted cyberspace sundries. Though rumors circulate that he may be involved in the dealing of slightly less legal information, there is no definite evidence to support it and his agency enjoys a moderate degree of success in the cities surrounding Okina. A somewhat eccentric man with a silver tongue and an eye for what his clients want, Daisuke nonetheless has a penchant for mischief that seems to skirt the moral boundaries far more often than can rightly be considered comfortable. But despite this generally annoying personality trait, Daisuke Itami is a man who absolutely loves to help people with their problems. And he'd love to help you, too.
Skills: The Biggest Jackanapes in the Entire World, That's Right, Jackanapes, Information Brokering 101, Very Passionate About His Hobbies, Hobbies Include: Screwing with your Raison D'être; Ruining Your Life; Gardening, I Think He's Willing to Make Some Kinda Deal with the Devil with You, Hair Color of the Month, Strange Taste in Clothes, Strange Taste in Music, Strange Taste in Everything, Life's a Game, Life's a Gamble, Just Wants to Help You
Daisuke's primary strength is his agility; he is skilled in the use of techniques like parkour to use his environment in order to outpace his targets, which is something he frequently relies on due to a general lack of physical hardiness. He has a great deal of knowledge on both the occult and Persona in general, and is thusly well-versed in magical techniques; while he himself is not extraordinarily strong, he is fairly proficient in the use of butterfly knives, which he seems to singularly use as his weapon in any given fight.
Special: Psychomachia - Calling up mystic power and his knowledge of his Persona, Daisuke throws seven cards into the air, each representing one of the Seven Deadly Sins; the imagery of the cards project out in phantasmal figures made of darkness that collide with the battlefield and anything in their way, weakening the spirit and mind and belaboring the body with lingering traces of humanity's greatest vices.
| Persona and Resonance
| "It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways."
Normally: Imagine the most annoying sound/smell/sense you can think of. Something that absolutely nauseates and irritates you to no end. Nails on a chalkboard, babies crying, the eyewatering scent of onions, or getting maced in the eyes. This is Daisuke's resonance. The form might vary depending on the person, but the theme is still very much there: incredibly, off-puttingly annoying.
NOTE: Since gaining Ahriman, Daisuke's resonance has changed. While normally the above it can be either completely nullified or changed into any variety of sensations, even others' resonances. Whether or not this is the case will be indicated in scenes he's in!
|Notable Social Links
- I - THE MAGICIAN
- "Chibinin" - A self-proclaimed ninja who Daisuke has alternatingly humiliated and saved over the course of their association. Affectionately refers to her as "Chibinin."
- IV - THE EMPEROR
- "Masachin" - Co-founder of Kagutsuchi and a young man too mature for his own good. Has been slowly trying to see how that maturity fares under increasing responsibility and pressure. Affectionately refers to him as "Masachin."
- VI - THE LOVERS
- "Mikacchi" - A person of particular interest, which probably means nothing good. She's currently hired him to look into her past and how she came to be reunited with her father. Affectionately refers to her as "Mikacchi."
- VIII - JUSTICE
- "Kacchan" - A great friend! He may or may not harbor some sort of envy towards his great friend! His great friend may or may not be a target of convenience due to his relation to a certain machine! Definitely a great friend! Affectionately refers to his great friend as "Kacchan"!
- IX - THE HERMIT
- "Saionchin" - A new toy of Daisuke's, he is fascinated by the contradiction of Rei's apathy and his pursuit of risk. Affectionately refers to him as "Saionchin."
- Izo Imaizumi - hired him and then he went into a coma. worst employee ever
- XI - STRENGTH
- Enoha Koinose - One of Daisuke's rare, longer-term projects. He has been trying to find the breaking point in her resolve and conviction in the benefits of hard work, and to this end is responsible for a number of the events that have recently plagued her.
- "Thor-chan" - An acquaintance Daisuke has taken an interest in largely due to her temper and her slightly immoral leanings, manifested chiefly in a fondness for pushing the boundaries on her patience. Affectionately refers to her as "Thor-chan."
- XV - THE DEVIL
- Itsuka Mizuhara - Daisuke's on-again off-again employee at Omoikane. She has managed to provide him no small entertainment on multiple occasions.
- XIX - THE SUN
- "Taimichin" - Once one of his greatest interests, Kyo now serves more of a harrowing example of how the SHU can butcher Daisuke's most favorite of things. Still, let it not be said Daisuke can't find entertainment even from abomination; like, say, a certain bet he has made with the young man...
- XX - JUDGEMENT
- Rem Sakurazuki Hoshii - Formerly Nagisa Renge. Their connection is the definition of "It's Complicated."
- Yisa Taimiev - Current object of Kyo Enda's obsession and current wife (her??), Daisuke's interests in her, while partly motivated by this, are also due to separate reasons. Has been working on enticing her into seeking his unique services.
- "Lust Abandon" - Silent Servant (Powell Reconstruction) ~ Ahriman Theme
- "Daisuke" - El Huervo
- "Dr. Feelgood" - Motley Crue
- Let him soothe your soul, just take his hand (Dr. Feelgood). Some people call him an evil man (Dr. Feelgood). Let him introduce himself real good (Dr. Feelgood): he's the only one they call Feelgood.
- "Étude Op. 25, No. 5 (Wrong Note)" - Frédéric Chopin
- "Ain't No Rest for the Wicked" - Cage the Elephant
- I saw a preacher man in cuffs taking money from the church; he stuffed his bank account with righteous dollar bills. But even still, I can't say much, because I know we're all the same. Oh, yes, we all seek out to satisfy those thrills.
- "Sympathy for the Devil" - The Rolling Stones
- Please allow me to introduce myself: I'm a man of wealth and taste. I've been around for a long, long year, stole many a man's soul and faith.
- "Dancing Mad" - Nobuo Uematsu
- "Friends on the Other Side" - Keith David
- Sit down at my table, put your minds at ease. If you relax, it will enable me to do anything I please. I can read your future; I can change it 'round some too. I'll look deep into your heart and soul (you do have a soul, don't you, Lawrence?), make your wildest dreams come true.
- "I Can't Decide" - Scissor Sisters
- It's not easy having yourself a good time! Greasing up those bets and betters, watching out they don't four-letter--fuck and kiss you both at the same time!
- "Asshole" - Denis Leary
- I drive really slow in the ultra-fast lane while people behind me are going insane: yeah, I'm an asshole!
- "Second Hungarian Rhapsody" - Fransz Liszt
- "La Gaza Radra - Overture" - Gioachino Rossini
- "Dangerous Kind" - The Ramsus
- You're the dangerous kind; now look at what you've done to me, what you've done to me, baby. You've got a criminal mind; your motive is to plant a seed, (and) now I'd kill for you, baby.
- "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" - The Animals
- Baby, sometimes I'm so carefree with a joy that's hard to hide, and sometimes it seems that all I have to do is worry that you're bound to see my other side. But I'm just a soul whose intentions are good.
- "Accentuate the Positive" - Johnny Mercer & The Pied Pipers
- You've got to accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative, and latch on to the affirmative. Don't mess with Mister In-Between.
- "Don't Stop Me Now" - Queen
- Tonight, I'm gonna have myself a real good time. I feel alive, and the world, I'll turn it inside out, yeah. I'm floating around in ecstasy, so don't stop me now.
- "Matryoshka" - Zebra and Hashiyan
- Together, let's clap our childish hands to this intentionally confusing rhythm. Surely, I couldn't care less about everything. The world's temperature is beginning to melt.
- "Magic Arrow" - Timber Timbre
- Mystic palm, gem and tarot; a few escape your magic arrow. I saw you reel them in for miles; each captivated crooked smile. And you know you can heal them all; your double diamond disposition. Refractions of your center prism; your magic arrow flies precision.
- "Mirai wo Ima" ("Now, the Future") - THEATRE BROOK
- There are no more miracles. If you now tender your future, tender your future, there will be a waterspout of pleasure and a flood of wealth. If you now tender the future, tender the future, I'll steal away your suffering with a huge tsunami of authority.
- "Pusherman" - Curtis Mayfield
- I'm your mamma, I'm your daddy; I'm that nigga in the alley. I'm your doctor when in need; want some coke, have some weed. You know me, I'm your friend; your main boy, thick and thin. I'm your pusherman.