- Shiki grew up in Inaba. He moved away about three years ago to settle down in Port City. He has since basically lost touch with everyone he knew from there.
- The only video game console Shiki has ever owned was a Sega Saturn, which he still has in his dorm room. He really likes Burning Rangers, and thinks Segata Sanshiro is actually a real person.
- While his grades can go pretty much all over the place depending on various factors, one subject Shiki is consistently bad with is english. Like many fellow mangaka, however, he's sure he's got things under control when it comes to cool catchphrases.
- Shiki secretly owns several identical fire jackets. One set has been customized for combat, with extra padding and inner pockets tweaked to conceal Evoker, knives and pens while keeping them accessible. The other, "casual" set retains all the pens (for... some reason) but has much deeper pockets that hold about as many useful (and less useful) knickknacks as Batman's utility belt. Either way, the thing is heavier than it looks. Shiki thinks of it as "gravity training", whatever he means.
- Shiki is secretly Baseball Ranger Red, leader of the Baseball Rangers.
- Thanks to his involvement with DVA System matters and ability to inspire others, Shiki had been promoted to the position of field commander within SEES, with Itsuka as his second. Hopefully he will not go mad with power!
- Shiki tends to start referring to people his age on a first-name basis very quickly. He stays pretty formal with his honorifics, though.
- With Captain Rebellion cancelled, Shiki is now officially out of a job!! Holy crap! On the upside, this has cleared up his schedule significantly, giving him time to attend club (manga, kendo and baseball) meetings, see his friends, study and save the world without slowly going insane as a result. He still hasn't stopped drawing, though, and keeps a certain tendency to push himself. Luckily for him, though...
- Shiki drinks Powerthirst.
- Also, coffee. He totally drinks it black in a cup with flames on it because he is a badass dude, or at least that's what he says.
- Starting from a certain point, almost all of Shiki's scenes have had him introduced with a TITLE IN ALLCAPS next to his name. For some reason. Some sum up his character well, some are about his state at the time of the scene, and some have nothing to do with anything. They have all been immortalized as part of a rotating chantitle on the Public channel!