| When he's calm or focused, Kazuo speaks in a markedly educated mode.
- Conversely, if his more 'animal' emotions are in ascension (fear, hunger, rage, etc), his speech loses coherence and cohesion, though is usually still understandable. Usually.
- On the extreme far end of this, if the Lurker Beneath takes full hold, its speech is remarkably coherent, though it's hardly much of a conversationalist. It has full access to Kazuo's intellect and memories, and applies them directly and brutally to fulfilling its needs (usually hunger).
- There are times when the damage to Kazuo's mind proves too great even for his Shadow to work through, leaving the man nearly comatose, or beset by delusions and flashbacks. During these periods, if he responds to outside stimuli at all, it is usually in a confused and/or confusing manner.
Known to frequent the Port Island train station in particular, but has also been sighted at similar facilities around the area. Apparently something about the trains themselves interests him.
Though the trail has long gone cold, someone with determination and connections might be able to track Kazuo back to the handful of survivors from the Port Island Kirijo disaster.
Kazuo's Shadow, the Lurker Beneath, is an inversion of the Egyptian demon Ammut. Presumably, if he could be freed from the grip of his Shadow, it would revert to a proper Persona.
- In Egyptian mythology, Ammut was closely associated (in a subservient role) with Ma'at, the Ancient Egyptian concept of truth, balance, order, law, morality, and justice. In its currently inverted state, this expresses as a fear and avoidance of things enforcing a "lawful" effect (i.e. constraining its hunger), most notably police and similar officials.
It is a very real possibility that some factions know of Kazuo's existence, if not the details of his condition.
- Strega, for one, has probably encountered him or signs of him down in the sewers.
- The NWO may have retained enough interest in him to keep track of Kazuo after the Kirijo Disaster.
- SEES, by this point, knows rather directly and horribly of his existence, as they were instrumental in removing the Key of Time given to Kazuo. Though they might not have realized just what they were pushing him back into at the time, they certainly do now.