|| 星元暁郎 (ほしもとあけろう)
|| I - The Magician REVERSE
|| 172.7 cm (5’8”)
|Date of Birth
|| 18 June 1994 (Gemini)
|| Navy Blue Dragon
|| Cane Sword
|| Daisuke Ono
|| Gideon Emery
- Weapon: Cane Sword – A slender blade concealed within a deceptively simple cane, its hilt is covered in leather and surmounted by a knob. It's pretty much exactly like the one from The Dark Knight, actually.
- Body: White Jacket – What’s that? White is associated with death, you say? That’s nice. :)
- Feet: Nice Shoes – To do justice to the cane, obviously.
- Accessory: Mini-Notepad - Just in case inspiration strikes while he's out.
| Social Stats
- Expression: 5 – Thinks In Iambic Pentameter
- Knowledge: 4 - Bonafide Genius
- Courage: 2 – Do I Have To?
- The Dark Hour: 4 - oh hell yes
- Understanding: 2 – Just Enough
- Diligence: 1 – ha ha ha that’s cute
- The characters in Akerou's personal name signify "son of the morning"; his family name contains the characters for "star" and "origin".
- His name is also a familial in-joke; the names of Akerou's parents, Satoru and Akemi, both contain the character for "morning", both making him literally the "son of the morning" due to his time of birth and marking him poetically as their son.
- Despite being quite intelligent, Akerou gets average marks in school. He considers himself above "busy work".
- Akerou's father is a mid-level executive of the Kirijo Group, and his mother is a successful attorney. The family moved from Sumaru to Port Island about fifteen years ago when Kirijo split off from the Nanjou Konzern, and have been there ever since.
- Akerou is an extremely talented writer, particularly when it comes to poetry. It's about the only "busy work" he'll do willingly.
- Akerou has a habit of assigning people cutesy nicknames.
- Don’t…ask where the cane sword came from.
- Akerou's blood type is B.
"Why bother playing unless you know you'll win?"
|Profile and Skills
Profile: Getting by on smarts and charm instead of actual effort, Akerou Hoshimoto may well be the poster child for the casual genius. Languid, unmotivated, devil-may-care, he considers himself simply above the concerns of his peers, believing to his core that work is the province of...lesser beings. At school he's carved out his own little niche of glorious mediocrity, preferring to lord his talents over those who can't compete with him rather than risk coming up short against other truly gifted individuals. It is likely no surprise, then, that Akerou reserves an especially jealous hatred for SEES in particular... And now that he's found Strega, he possesses the means to act on it.
Skills: Not Actually Devil Arcana, The Inevitability Of Death Callèd Light, Being Awakened Just Makes You Better Than Other People, And Being Shadow-Possessed Makes You Best Of All, Spoiled Rotten, Likes It When They Call Us Pariahs, Of The Devil's Party (And Knows It), Pimp Cane, Rebel Without A Cause, If I Can't Win Then I Won't Try To Carry On, I'll Play It Satirical, Spare The Rod And Spoil The Child, Better To Reign In Hell Than Serve In Heaven, Cold-Blooded Fake, Green-Eyed Monster, Look On My Works Ye Mighty And Despair, The Center Is Hollow, To Be Great Is To Be Misunderstood
As Shemhazai, Akerou is able to wield a truly staggering amount of power. His particular talents lie in the manipulation of nuclear energy, the forces of gravity, and the mind itself. Exceptionally agile, lucky, and magically adept, Akerou is a force to be reckoned with...but is sadly what some might call a "glass cannon;" even in his Shadowform, he can't take a hit worth a damn.
Special: Son Of The Dawn -- Affirming to himself his, well, specialness, Akerou channels his confidence into a universal boost to his abilities. A taxing ability, but no price is too high for an ego boost.
|Shadow Information and Resonance
"Be thou not afraid. I am thou...thou art I. I am Shemhazai the Whisperer, leader of the Watchers and forbidden tutor of Man. Come, throw off the shackles of servility and let us together enlighten this fallen world."|
Also known as Samyaza or Shemyaza (Aramaic: שמיחזה, Greek: Σεμιαζά), Shemhazai is cited in the apocryphal Book of Enoch as the leader of the Grigori, or “Watchers”, an order of angels who fell from grace when they elected to follow Lucifer to Earth and join him in his campaign to bring enlightenment to Man. His name means “infamous rebellion” or, as it is rarely translated, “who hath seen the Name”, owing to a tale whereby a human woman strikes a bargain with him to learn the true Name of God in exchange for some undisclosed service on her part. (Given Shemhazai’s nature, it was likely some manner of sexual service.)
Seeing the beauty of the daughters of men, Shemhazai and his comrades journeyed to Earth (their departure is known as the Second Fall) in order to take corporeal forms and lie with them. Having done so, they then took men and women into their tutelage, completing the gift of forbidden knowledge begun by Satan’s bestowment through temptation of the knowledge of good and evil. The Grigori’s teachings included the arts of war, of metallurgy and smithcraft, of cosmetics and seduction, of pen and paper and writing, the lore of the moon, and sorcery. To wipe out the ill-gotten knowledge of the arts of civilisation as well as their children, the half-human Nephilim, God sent the Flood; to punish Shemhazai for his rebellion, God ordered the angel suspended between Heaven and Earth, creating the constellation Orion.
As one of the Shadow-Possessed, Akerou doesn’t give off much in the way of Resonance. What there is is faint and easy to miss unless you’re looking for it.
- SENSE: A vast, dark, airless void suffused with starlight.
- SOUND: Barely audible whispers and the rustling of wings.
- SMELL: Old paper, fresh ink, and just a hint of ozone.
- 0. The Fool
- Akerou has developed no notable Fool links.
- I. The Magician
- Akerou has developed no notable Magician links.
- II. The High Priestess
- Akerou has developed no notable Priestess links.
- III. The Empress
- Akerou has developed no notable Empress links.
- IV. The Emperor
- Akerou has developed no notable Emperor links.
- V. The Hierophant
- Yui Utsuki: AKA "Yui-chan." The law to Akerou's chaos. He loves teasing her, but they haven't seen each other since she left Strega.
- VI. The Lovers
- Mikage Kohama: AKA "Mikagin." They met one Dark Hour and made out a bit. He'd do it again, too.
- VII. The Chariot
- Shou Karasugamori: AKA "That asshole." He struck Akerou as big, dumb, and far too willing to pick fights. He'd be the sort of guy Akerou would simply have fun baiting if he hadn't tried to horn in on a conquest, causing Akerou to take the entire matter personally.
- VIII. Justice
- Akerou has developed no notable Justice links.
- IX. The Hermit
- Akerou has developed no notable Hermit links.
- X. The Wheel of Fortune
- Akerou has developed no notable Fortune links.
- XI. Strength
- Akerou has developed no notable Strength links.
- XII. The Hanged Man
- Atsuko Karamorita: AKA "Atsukan." Precious, adorable, and entirely too trusting. He wonders what his whispers might bring...
- XIII. Death
- Akerou has developed no notable Death links.
- XIV. Temperance
- Daiya Kagami: AKA "Daiyan", "Kagamin", etc. Daiya took Akerou out on his first Revenge Request, letting him handle it alone as a sort of test -- one which he passed with flying colors. He is entirely susceptible to her attractive aura, and would dearly love to get into her pants. She seems to have vanished, though. Oh well.
- XV. The Devil
- Itsuka Mizuhara: AKA "Itsukan." Their antagonistic relationship amuses him, despite his general tendency to avoid conflict. Needling her is just so much fun :(
- XVI. The Tower
- Akerou has developed no notable Tower links.
- XVII. The Star
- Hideo Aratami: Akerou has a similar temperament as his fellow Stregite; pity it's been forever since they last spoke.
- XVIII. The Moon
- Akerou has developed no notable Moon links.
- XIX. The Sun
- Akerou has developed no notable Sun links.
- XX. Judgement
- Akerou has developed no notable Judgement links.
- BlazBlue OST, Gluttony Fang
- Breaking Benjamin, I Will Not Bow
- Now the dark begins to rise / Save your breath, it's far from over / Leave the lost and dead behind / Now's your chance to run for cover / I don't want to change the world / I just want to leave it colder / Light the fuse and burn it up / Take the path that leads to nowhere
- E Nomine, Mondengel
- Du bist der Wächter der dunklen Macht / Die schwarze Sonne sie gibt dir Kraft / Der kalte Mond erleuchtet dich / Dein Antlitz stolz und hoheitlich
- E.S. Posthumus, Nineveh
- Lady Gaga, Monster
- Look at him, look at me / That boy is bad, and honestly / He's a wolf in disguise / But I can't stop staring into those evil eyes
- Madonna, Lucky Star
- You may be my lucky star / But I'm the luckiest by far
- Shinkichi Mitsumune, Ambition
- Shinkichi Mitsumune, Temptation
- The Birthday Massacre, Science
- I'm not the only one who's bleeding / Before the past is done repeating / Gets underneath my skin, it won't die / This time if I can't win / Then I won't try to carry on / I'll play it satirical
- Two Steps From Hell, Starfall
- Within Temptation, Deceiver Of Fools
- He feeds on fear / Poisons the truth / To gain their faith / To lead the way / To a world of decay / He rules your heart / He will sell your soul to the grave / Without a hesitation to make / He belongs to the dark