|Real Name||Midori Nakashima|
|Aliases||Melody (faux '96 English localization name)|
|Arcana||XVIII The Moon REVERSE|
|Birth Date||January 11th 1993 (Capricorn)|
|Preferred Weapon||Cloths (sheets, blankets, curtains, rugs, towels, etc.)|
|Assignment||St. Hermelin, Second Year|
|Shadow - Apate|
|Voice Actor||(none decided)|
Midori Nakashima, nicknamed "Melody" for reasons obscure, is not fine. Her history leading up to her recent move to Lunarvale and subsequent enrollment into St. Hermelin for her second year of high school is rife with odd stories from when she lived in Sumaru and Port Island. Though she avoids talking about her past, Midori is often very eager to integrate herself with just about anyone, enjoying a healthy social life for a girl her age (almost obsessively so). She shows promise with textile-related crafts and otherwise is doing quite well academically. Yet, it's hard to ignore that she's on good terms with the very worst to have ever walked St. Hermelin's halls. She isn't forthcoming as to why... or even to a lot of questions some people may have.
I'm Fine, It Just Feels Cold Outside, Why Are You Asking For My Number, I Said I'm Fine, No Batteries Required, Up For Almost Anything, No Seriously I'm Fine, Hand Crafting Everything By Hand, Possibly Including Reality, How Many Times Do I Have To Say I'm Fine, Does This Little White Lie Make Me Look Fat, Or Is It The Big Fat One, For The Last Time I'm Fine
Midori Makashima is a sixteen year old Japanese girl who stands at an average height, with long brown hair that seems to darken somewhat the further down it goes. It's hard to really say much of anything about her face or her brown eyes, if only because they're so... nondescript. Ordinary.
On school days she wears the usual light gray uniform for her school, St. Hermelin. Her skirt is far longer than uniform policy dictates - the mark of a delinquent - but she treats this more as a concession of modesty rather than as an act of defiance. Her black leather shoes bear no particularly distinguishing qualities beyond color and make. She seems content to wear a dark brown thick-collared long-sleeved shirt under the top part of her uniform, baggy and thick enough that it's very difficult to say much of anything about the shape of her body, beyond that she is of average height and female. She tends to keep her hands hidden in thin white gloves, as if trying to expose the least amount of skin possible. Even when she's not going to school, her clothes generally follow the pattern of 'too long, too much.'
Due to her interests, she is often seen carrying around some sort of cloth or another - or maybe even a recently finished work, be it a quilt, clothes, rugs, or whatever else imaginable. She seems fine carrying them around, even when there's a lot of it.
Midori is generally a very cheerful person who seems eager to hang out with just about anyone and do nearly anything. She enjoys a healthy social life in spite of... several oddities, the natures of which are sometimes hard to put a finger on. She always wears a high volume of clothing no matter the weather, and seems to have some very bad luck with cellphones and electronics in general (she always claims hers is either broken or missing). She is the type of person that seems able to get along with virtually everyone... including people that are incredibly dangerous and nasty. She is very prone to dodging questions that shed any sort of light on her peculiarities.
Notable Social Links
- 0 - The Fool
- Midori has not yet established any notable Fool links.
- I - The Magician
- Midori has not yet established any notable Magician links.
- II - The High Priestess
- Shiori Hibiki: Shiori is one of countless people Midori considers a friend. She is unaware that Shiori believes (rightfully) that she is a Shadow-possessed.
- III - The Empress
- Tomomi Fujimori: Midori is one of Tomomi's lackeys in her crew of truly awful people. Midori considers Tomomi her very best friend and seemingly brushes off any questions or comments as to how or why - and this feeling is likely not mutual given Tomomi's own personality. Nonetheless Tomomi commands her absolute loyalty no matter how much Tomomi and her crew may really dislike and/or misuse her. The real reason for this is one of a truly destructive emotional dependence. Of course, Midori is always fine by her own measure of being fine, and will not allow this to be confronted.
- IV - The Emperor
- Naoya Toudou: A mysterious boy with an earring and fellow St. Hermelin second-year student, there is something incredibly mysterious about this boy that has gotten Midori's attention. It got to the point that she wouldn't shut up about how he never seems to care about what other people think, and other such bizarre statements. This interest eventually faded. (He likely found out she was big, big trouble.)
- V - The Hierophant
- Midori has not yet established any notable Hierophant links.
- VI - The Lovers
- Midori has not yet established any notable Lovers links.
- VII - The Chariot
- Sayaka Takuma: An unlikely friend, Midori enjoys Sayaka's company much like almost anyone else's. Sayaka comes from a very rich family, and given Midori's particular eccentricities this may eventually become a point of conflict.
- VIII - Justice
- Midori has not yet established any notable Justice links.
- IX - The Hermit
- Azusa Shimegi: Midori loathes this woman (or more accurately, this "reporter hag") and has taken more than a few steps to make sure she will never, ever be able to say anything bad about her from a place of authority or influence. She would take a certain delight if she knew about Azusa's current standing with the people that could have helped her, other than being aware that Azusa herself has been overtaken by her Shadow.
- X - The Wheel of Fortune
- Takaya Sakaki: Much like any other Strega follower, Midori admires Takaya's message of bringing Nyx down on a rotten world, although her intentions and ideals with this Nyx may be more than a bit off-kilter...
- XI - Strength
- Midori has not yet established any notable Strength links.
- XII - The Hanged Man
- Chidori Yoshino: Midori likes to hover around Chidori and gossip at length on topics Chidori shows no interest in. Midori may possibly be Chidori's greatest irritation among the Strega ranks, but she has protected Chidori from discovery by a particularly determined vigilante during the typhoon with a ruse that should not have actually worked.
- XIII - Death
- Midori has not yet established any notable Death links.
- XIV - Temperance
- Midori has not yet established any notable Temperance links.
- XV - The Devil
- Minagi Shimizu (also Chariot): A very weird little girl who loves food that Midori met one night at Okina. Midori sees value in her for the comparison value, in that Midori sees herself as infinitely less 'strange' than Minagi and thus would ward off labels of stuff with her around. Midori does like cooking and Minagi loves food, so there is a legitimate matching set of interests. Midori is presently unaware of Minagi's current situation with attempting to consume a Shadow she should not have.
- ...: It is a secret! But let it be known that this 'secret' is yet another individual Midori considers a friend, but...
- XVI - The Tower
- Thora Kobayashi: While an enemy of Strega and someone Midori willfully manipulated against Azusa Shimegi, Midori is mystified as to why Thora carries herself as someone so mean when she does not truly appear to be.
- Akimoto Nagamori: A scarred woman and priestess that lives in Inaba, Midori tries not to grimace when looking at her grisly appearance but is more than happy to come along with her to ventures... especially to visit a new (and very dangerous) friend Akimoto has made!
- XVII - The Star
- Midori has not yet established any notable Star links.
- XVIII - The Moon
- Midori has not yet established any notable Moon links.
- XIX - The Sun
- Midori has not yet established any notable Sun links.
- XX - Judgment
- Nagisa Renge: A young dying girl, result of the same horrors that Takaya, Jin, and Chidori have suffered themselves. Nagisa and Midori share the same sort of cheerfulness for almost anything, but they really cannot be any more different. Nagisa is brutally honest in her dealings, with Midori being the exact opposite. The two have not yet exploded into a bloody fight over this... yet.
Apate, Midori's Shadow, was one of many of Nyx's children in Greek mythology. She was one of the evils whom escaped Pandora's box when it was opened, and was the personification of deceit. Her Roman counterpart, Fraus, was the origin of the word 'fraud.'
Apate takes the form of a seemingly headless ghost wearing a long sleeveless white robe of some sort. The headlessness is an illusion - its hair casts something of an invisibility effect, anything underneath it appearing as though it isn't there. It is possible to see two little white eyes and a long nose when it is in motion. A collar made of a thousand pins and needles of different lengths, colors, and make are able to be seen around neck level no matter which angle someone looks upon them with. An odd cloth circulates around the robe, distorting light into bizarre colorful patterns. It seems there might be nothing inside the robe, giving the illusion of it floating, but the robe constricts around an apparently morbidly obese figure when the creature is in significant distress.
Midori is immune to Resonance-based detection, in so far as being detected as a Shadow - she always reads as an ordinary and normal person (which is sometimes a detriment to its intended purpose of hiding her nature). As a Shadow, if she is sufficiently riled any sort of resonance detection may pick up some incredibly weird and nonsensical (but ultimately false) readings.
|Dark Critical||Passive||Increases the critical hit chance of Darkness-element attacks.|
|Death's Roulette||11||Does moderate Darkness damage to one target, but splits damage evenly if against a group.|
|Mamudo||13||Does moderate Darkness damage to a group.|
|Marin Karin||5||Lowers the target's accuracy if it hits.|
|Masukunda||6||Lowers a group's AGI score.|
|Mudo||7||Does moderate Darkness damage.|
|Mudoon||11||Does high Darkness damage.|
|Poisma||6||Does light Mystic damage with a moderate chance of Damage Over Time (DOT).|
|Spirit Drain||11||Does moderate Mystic damage and heals the user by a portion of the damage inflicted.|
|Trial of Darkness||10||Does moderate Darkness damage with a small chance of raising Magic ability costs.|
Background Assets And Miscellany
Further OOC Information
- Player: Nameless
- Alternate Characters: Yoshiro Yoshino
- Time zone: GMT -5 (US Eastern)