You have a special power that you can use to help others."
Some Personae and Shadows possess passive abilities that amplify or support the character in various ways. The following lists the available passive effects, what they do and when they trigger. Passives are always on, and require no cost to use.
- ELEMENT Boost
- Effect: Increases the accuracy and effect odds of attacks of ELEMENT. Mind, Nerve, Light, and Dark only. These passives only affect abilities whose base element is the appropriate element; ELEMENTsplit does not qualify.
- ELEMENT Master
- Effect: Increases the accuracy, damage, and critical hit rate of weapon attacks of ELEMENT. Has no effect on other forms of attack. Slash, Pierce, and Strike only.
- Effect: When hit, you have a chance to trigger a counter. When attacking the target of your counter ability (noted in +health), the cost of your attack is reduced by 8 SP. This can reduce the cost of an attack to zero. Functions once per opportunity.
- Apt Pupil
- Effect: Increases critical hit rate for all abilities that can critically hit.
- Sharp Student
- Effect: Reduces the chance that the character will be critically hit by any ability.
- Effect: Restores a small amount of HP at the end of the character's turn, every turn.
- Effect: Once per combat, an attack that would KO the character instead leaves them at 1 HP.
- ELEMENT Amp
- Effect: Increases the damage (or healing) of abilities of ELEMENT. Fire, Water, Wind, Earth, Nuclear, Ice, Elec, Gravity, and Heal only. (NOTE: Heal Amp, alone of these, counts as a Standard rank Passive rather than a High rank!!) These passives only affect abilities whose base element is the appropriate element; ELEMENTsplit does not qualify.
- Firm Stance
- Effect: Negates the character's Evasion completely, but reduces all incoming damage.
- Effect: Restores a small amount of SP at the end of the character's turn, every turn.
- Effect: Prevents your accuracy from being lowered. Also allows for an RPed 'mental map' ability, as explained in RP-Oriented Abilities.
The rank of each of these passives can be found on-game via the +rankcheck command, and available passives may be found in the Passives group under +ability/help.