|| Yisa Taimiev
|| XII - Judgment (REVERSE)
|Date of Birth
|| October 8, 1991
|| University Student / Crusader
| Social Stats
- Expression: 4 - Sin of Wrath
- Knowledge: 3 - Well-educated
- Courage: 5 - SPARTAAAAA
- Understanding: 2 - Her Way Only
- Diligence: 5 - The World Will Be Healed
- Weapon: Flamberge short-sword
- Body: Parisian fashion
- Feet: Heeled boots
- Accessory: Wire-frame glasses
- Yisa is currently enrolled as a student at Sumaru University.
- Her current major is pre-law, with a specialization in political science.
- She's lived abroad for most of her life, spending time in France, Italy, and Japan. Her home, however, is in the Chechen Republic.
- Consequently, she is fluent in an array of languages: French, Chechen, Russian, and Japanese. She has a nominal understanding of English and Italian.
- But Yisa only ever swears in French.
- Along with most Chechens, she was raised under the Hanafi school of Sunni Islam.
- Having been brought up in the epitome of luxury, Yisa is almost inept in the most basic skills people acquire to care for themselves, such as cooking, cleaning, driving, and managing money. She has a lot to learn.
- Yisa is presently the oldest of her siblings. Her elder brother is dead. She has two younger sisters and an infant brother.
- She keeps mixed feelings concerning her family. Despite her deep love for them, her duty has brought her distance from her mother and younger sisters. Having grown up countries apart, they keep a civil correspondence but are unable to find a means to connect. Yisa misses them terribly; she would love to feel closer to her mother and sisters again. She and her father maintain the most confrontational of relationships: neither understands the other. She barely keeps any respect for him.
- Of all her family, her great grandfather had the strongest lasting effect on Yisa's life. He ultimately passed away from old age a few years ago. She still misses him.
- Despite her sizable family, Yisa is said to live alone, with most of her family located in Chechnya and France. She occupies an estate on the outskirts of Sumaru that contains several bedrooms and an empty horse stable on a decent parcel of land.
- She owns a Persian cat. His name is Napoleon. He has a habit of jumping into boxes and not being able to get back out.
- Yisa, for all her fearlessness, has issues with explosions. It's a symptom of growing up in an active war territory and having to hear them on a daily occurrence since her childhood. Subsequently, she's unable to completely habituate to them, compounded by her childhood injuries of having been caught in an explosive attack. Extremely loud sounds of a similar nature give her a tendency to spook in that "duck and cover" way. Even afterwards she'll remain rattled for a while.
- Corpses and gore have equal effect. She can spook (mainly because of her own dual emotional reaction to the thing). Yisa absolutely cannot stand horror movies of any kind. Even the most campy ones scare her. She does her best to keep this her deepest, darkest secret hidden forever.
- Yisa has the worst luck with her glasses. If she's not forgetting them somewhere, they get broken or destroyed in the most fantastic of ways. Thankfully she only really needs them to read.
- Yisa can't cook at all. Certain people can attest to this.
"I'll stop when I'm dead."
| Profile And Skills
Even at her young age, Miss Taimiev has already demonstrated herself as a formidable player on the international political theatre. A daughter of one of Chechnya's remaining few noble families and de facto heiress to her family's wealth, Yisa comes from old money and an older pedigree, bred from a proud bloodline of princely dignitaries and soldiers. She is especially famous for having survived a political ransom during her war-torn country's insurgency, only to escape and subsequently parry her captors, seeing an entire Russian forces platoon convicted for evidence of war crimes. Any further progress into her short political career, for the moment, has been curtailed by her sudden move to continue post-secondary studies in Japan as a foreign resident. Some say the decision was made for her -- on the behest of her family -- purely to keep the hot-headed, inexhaustible young woman out of trouble.
| Persona and Resonance
"And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever."
Eve is the first woman, formed from Adam's rib and brought forth as his companion, favoured by God to live out life in the Garden of Eden, a paradise free of hunger, disease, and suffering.
But the cost of paradise was to live in ignorance, to trust in God and not partake of the Tree of Knowledge, for it bore forbidden fruit. The lure of the apple tree, however, was too much for Eve, and encouraged by the tempting whispers of a serpent, took a bite of fruit and knew good and evil, forever losing her innocence. She tempted Adam to do the same, damning him as well, and in punishment, the betrayed God exiled them both from Eden to a lifetime of toil, hardship, and pain.
- SENSE: It is a constant, reaching, beckoning pull, vague and distant to some, but intoxicating to others, begging them always closer, always deeper, into the garden and to the apple tree...
- SMELL: Freshly-turned earth, the petrichor after a torrential rain, and the smell of a freshly-bitten apple.
- SOUND: Wind through a hundred leaves. The cracking and splintering of tree branches. The blown hiss of dust and ash.
| Notable Social Links
- III - THE EMPRESS
- Mitsuru Kirijo - She was once an close childhood friend, but the years apart and disparate upbringings have created a schism of ideology between the two long women. Their only similarity may be that they are both engines of war, powerful women with powerful visions who see the world in two different lights. While Yisa cares deeply for Mitsuru, wishing to protect her, that dawning crusade has made a fault between them, fracturing their loyalties. Mitsuru has refused any participation in Yisa's goals; on the contrary, she has hinted her own plans to police it, even stop it, and has vowed redeem her friend's fanaticism at any cost.
- Susumu Kamiya - Possibly one of the strangest people Yisa has ever met. If the Battlefield Earth DVD wasn't bad enough, he stopped one of her attacks on local Sumaru yakuza drug deals by twisting himself into a horrific monster and going into a building-wrecking battle with Kyo. The fact that he's just as unconcerned and friendly as ever leaves Yisa terminally confused.
- IV - THE EMPEROR
- Nika Rumyantseva - Yisa ran into the young woman for the first time during Sumaru's Culinary Festival. The confrontation came to blows within seconds. Despite not even knowing the girl, Yisa cannot explain the inexplicable feeling of rage Nika incites in her. Inexplicable... and all-consuming. There's something about her presence Yisa cannot explain... something that feels both like hatred and home.
- V - THE HIEROPHANT
- Shinjiro Aragaki - Their meeting involved Yisa calling him out for a duel in response to Mitsuru's compromised honour, and him eloquently spitting his tea. Naomi calls him "SEES' Father" to Mitsuru's "SEES' Mother" which is more than a little suspicious!!
- IX - THE HERMIT
- Izo Imaizumi - Theirs is a very strange history. The unfortunate target of many of her punches, as well as her interest, bossiness, and desire to protect, Yisa kept a very odd friendship with Izo, one that became strained as she grew attracted to him, and for whom she began to develop uncertain feelings. However, her reckless, fanatical choices ran contrary to his level pragmatism, and their relationship fractured with his inability to trust her -- especially with her acceptance of Kyo. However, with her turn into poverty, Yisa has asked Izo to keep temporary ownership of her cat, Napoleon, and the animal serves as a tenuous tie between them. At least for now...
- X - THE WHEEL OF FORTUNE
- Ran Itoh - Yisa met her briefly, the girl introducing herself as Shinjiro Aragaki's girlfriend. She's not sure what to make of her, but appears somewhat nervous, even wary, of the blonde's presence. She has some formidable Disney Eyes and the tendency to say very scandalous things!
- XI - STRENGTH
- Masahiko Irie - Yisa absolutely has no idea how to begin parsing someone like Masahiko. Their inevitable heart-to-heart on beliefs ended poorly on her part, who found herself unable to personally reconcile any of Masahiko's goals or reasoning. She thinks his convictions may lead him -- and innocent others -- down a very dangerous path. He also made a fatal error in trying to encourage the austere Yisa Taimiev to discuss her feelings. It didn't end well.
- Mathias Reinhardt - Possibly the most horrifying nightmare of a man in Yisa's memory... has struck her as possibly the most vulnerable creature she's ever known. Brought to her attention as a gift of Kyo, she is fixed on offering healing to his fractured, traumatized soul, and to do what it takes to give him some measure of peace.
- XIII - DEATH
- Seiichi Miyamoto - Another comrade of Kirijo, Yisa had an unfortunate run-in with his Shadow, which culminated with her believing that he was actively defiling Mitsuru. It lead to her punching the real Seiichi straight in the face. The beginning of a beautiful friendship, if not a very tense one. Despite his reputation crafted in canny half-truths and subterfuge, Yisa has determined to trust Seiichi at face value. It will not be his past behaviour, but rather his actions-to-be, that will forge her opinion. But she will watch him closely -- she doesn't approve of his acquaintanceship with Mitsuru. Platonic. Acquaintanceship. (also his eyepatch is attractive)
- XVI - TEMPERANCE
- Naomi Suzuno - Another one of her closest friends, Yisa considers Naomi an emotional pillar, relying upon her even temper and fair nature. Despite their contrary upbrings and near juxtaposed personalities, Naomi has professed again and again that she trusts Yisa -- trusts her strength, her heart, and her conviction in her crusade. Upon learning of Yisa's own contract with Kyo, and knowing that this same crusade entails murder of human beings, Naomi's trust has not yet been severed, even if an added strain has been weighed upon their friendship. But if Yisa could believe her old friend could be swayed to her side...
- Miwa Saitou - Yisa thinks Miwa misguided but ultimately innocent... perhaps one of the best examples of innocence that men can produce. At first, she thought the girl disturbing in a way, when Miwa once attempted to apologize for Kyo's many assaults and murders as if it were a failing of her own. Yisa took it upon herself to goad Miwa into revealing some measure of anger and pride existed in her battered spirit. But, in the end, and with what little she knows of her previous relationship with Kyo, Yisa thinks Miwa as gentle and even deluded, someone who unfortunately ignored Kyo's true nature to love an artifice instead. She avoids the other girl now with the awkwardness of Kyo between them, especially after learning -- and disdaining angrily -- of Kyo's murder attempt on his ex.
- XV - THE DEVIL
- Daisuke Itami - Having only met him once, on the steps up Sumaru University's library, the insidious information broker has impacted greatly in Yisa's memory. He professed to knowing a great deal about her in so little passing, and even produced for her his business card, with the invitation -- the encouragement -- that he is at her disposal should she ever require his help...
- XVI - THE TOWER
- Mai Namikawa - Yisa's learned that Mai is closely allied to, and loyal friends with, both Naomi and Mitsuru. While feeling somewhat envious of Mai's place, she has an infinite capacity to build respect for the fellow girl, who, even in their sparse meetings, strikes Yisa as someone strong, determined, and completely genuine. With time, her envy of Mai may grow all the more, as Yisa may concieve of her as her own ideal, the woman she wishes she could, but will never, be... a protector free of all-consuming fury and a monster's bloodlust.
- XIX - THE SUN
- Kyo Enda - Sa evlia. Her executioner. Her cage. Her monster.
- Tatsuya Suou - After a terrifying fight with his Shadow, Yisa has finally crossed paths with Naomi's most trusted friend. What she'll think of him remains to be seen.
- Tatsuya Sudou - What little, scathing opinion Yisa had of Sudou splintered as easily as her wrist did inside his hand. Unable to wield her weapon properly since that incident, he's earned her enmity. She ordered Kyo to kill him and amputate his soul from his undeserving flesh. It probably still stands.
- Jazz Suite Waltz No. 2 - Shostakovich
- Cinderella Suite No. 1 - Cinderella's Waltz - Prokovfiev
- Cat People (Putting Out The Fire) - David Bowie
- See these tears so blue / An ageless heart that can never mend / Tears can never dry / A judgment made can never bend
- Three Wishes - The Pierces
- You say you want to know her like a lover / And undo her damage, she'll be new again / Soon you'll find that if you try to save her / It renews her anger / You will never win
- Walk - Foo Fighters
- You keep alive a moment at a time / But still inside a whisper to a riot / To sacrifice but knowing to survive / That first decline another state of mind / I'm on my knees, I'm praying for a sign
- Helter Skelter - The Beatles
- Well do you, don't you want me to make you / I'm coming down fast, but don't let me break you / Tell me, tell me, tell me your answer / You may be a lover but you ain't no dancer
- The Times They Are A-Changin' - Bob Dylan
- As the present now / Will later be past / The order is / Rapidly fadin' / And the first one now / Will later be last
- Sunburn - Muse
- She burns like the sun, and I can't look away / She'll burn our horizons, make no mistakes
- Long Road To Ruin - Foo Fighters
- Maybe the season / The colours change in the valley skies / Dear God I've sealed my fate / Running through hell, heaven can wait
- Goodbye Daughters of the Revolution - The Black Crowes
- Keep on runnin' through the gates of the city / To give up now would be such a pity / Don't you wanna see the ship go down with me?
- The Sound of Silence - Simon & Garfunkel
- "Fools", said I, "You do not know / Silence like a cancer grows / Hear my words that I might teach you / Take my arms that I might reach you"
- Shape of My Heart - Sting [IZO]
- I know that the spades are the swords of a soldier / I know that the clubs are weapons of war / I know that diamonds mean money for this art / But that's not the shape of my heart
- The Beginning Is The End Is The Beginning - The Smashing Pumpkins [KYO]
- Is it bright where you are / Have the people changed / Does it make you happy you're so strange / And in your darkest hour / I hold secrets flame / We can watch the world devoured in its pain
- Seven Devils - Florence + the Machine [NIKA]
- Holy water cannot help you now / See I've come to burn your kingdom down / And no rivers and no lakes can put the fire out / I'm gonna raise the stakes, I'm gonna smoke you out