|Real Name||Michi Aomori|
|Gender||Female, biological male|
|Birth Date||November 12|
|Preferred Weapon||Soccer balls|
|Assignment||Yasogami High, 1-1|
|Persona - Shi Hou|
|Voice Actor||Hiranao Aya|
A recent transfer from Nara to Inaba, Michi is the kind of student who draws a fair deal of attention for her occasionally bizarre antics. In the time since she's moved she's joined the Soccer Club, Music Club and Second Drama Club (in addition to attempting to start her own club, but her application for the Squirrel Watching Club was denied in addition to failing to garner sufficient student response) but only seems to be an intermittently active member of any of them. There's a rumor making the rounds that Michi is in fact a boy, a rumor that Michi refutes when she hears it because she doesn't believe that 'it counts'.
Skills: Unstoppable Optimist, Highly Energetic, Jack of All Trades, Mean Kick, Runner, Cloud Cuckoolander, Tomboy Despite Being A Boy, Monkey Aficionado.
Persona and Resonance
Shi Hou: Michi's Persona is Shi Hou, known abroad as the Stone Monkey. Born from a stone formed from the primal forces of chaos on the Mountain of Flowers and Fruit, Shi Hou integrated himself into a clan of ordinary monkeys and became their leader by discovering a cave hidden behind a waterfall that they chose to make their home. He proclaimed himself to be the Handsome Monkey King but soon realized that despite his power over his fellow monkeys he was still only mortal, and thus chose to set out on a raft to civilized lands in search of immortality.
As a Persona Shi Hou appears to be a short, wiry figure with grey skin and fur, whose features are somewhere between those of a monkey and a man. He's also noteworthy for being quite loud, constantly chattering or whooping or shrieking.
Resonance: Much like her Persona, Michi's resonance is rather unsubtle. Smell: a strong aroma of wet clay and damp earth. Sound: constant chattering, not unlike a room full of monkeys grooming one another. Feel: Michi's resonance can be quite invasive at times, creating the sense of dozens of little hands touching, prodding and running themselves over people who can feel it, not aggressively but curiously.
While not quite a spotter herself Michi is adept at noticing the Resonance of others but has had it explained to her that commenting on it in public is both impolite and unwise.
Notable Social Links
Michi has yet to meet too terribly many people involved in the supernatural world, at least on anything more than a superficial level. Nevertheless:
- O - THE FOOL
- I - THE MAGICIAN
- II - THE HIGH PRIESTESS
- Maki Sonomura: There was something about her maybe destroying the world, or saving it, or maybe it was her evil twin. Michi mostly remembers having to fight a whole bunch of demons because of it all.
- Masumi Hayashi: A kindred spirit who Michi met in a most harrowing fashion. She feels sympathy for this other girl but also wishes that she could be one tenth as elegant.
- III - THE EMPRESS
- IV - THE EMPEROR
- V - THE HIEROPHANT
- Shinjiro Aragaki: He's very serious, but he saved Michi from a demon and that was great.
- VI - THE LOVERS
- Mikano Makino: In a word? Complicated. Michi knows Resonance when she feels it, but the boxer has employed fancy verbal footwork to keep any of Michi's questions from connecting, so for the time being Michi simply wants to understand her.
- VII - THE CHARIOT
- Aigis: They've met and they've spoken briefly. Michi is vaguely aware that she's an android and thinks that this is the coolest thing ever, or at least the coolest thing anyone was telling her right then.
- Yoh Yamagatani: A fellow self-proclaimed Kohai of Kobayashi, equally gung-ho. Michi approves.
- VIII - JUSTICE
- IX - THE HERMIT
- X - THE WHEEL OF FORTUNE
- XI - STRENGTH
- Thora Kobayashi: Inasfar as Michi has a mentor figure, Kobayashi-san is it. As superficial and fluff-headed as she is Michi has a great deal of respect for more serious people, and Thora manages to be that while also somehow standing to be around her kohai for non-trivial amounts of time.
- XII - THE HANGED MAN
- Michiru Fukase: She's also a Michi and this one time they were sent to investigate a creepy clock store and now Michiru will never find a boyfriend. Michi feels sorry for her about that, but also thinks she's got a neat pipe.
- Anzai Mizuno: Shortly after arriving in Inaba Michi snooped on Mizuno-san and Aragaki-san having a conversation and got yelled at for it. Michi realizes that Anzai feels frustrated with her but thinks that the priest is a nice boy anyway, if too up-tight.
- XIII - DEATH
- Shirou Sekigawa: The first time Michi met him she was in a mascot costume handing out flyers for what she thought was an ice cream store. The second time she met him he'd apparently become evil. Sometimes Michi wonders if it's something she said.
- XVI - TEMPERANCE
- XV - THE DEVIL
- XVI - THE TOWER
- XVII - THE STAR
- XVIII - THE MOON
- Kaede Fujioka: ...complicated. She really wants to believe the best about her, but she's seen her do things which are hard to forgive. What to do?
- XIX - THE SUN
- XX - JUDGEMENT
- Michi is originally from Nara. Her Osakan accent can get rather thick when she's excited.
- While Michi is full-blood Japanese, her father was born in America. This would explain anything if he weren't painfully normal.
- Michi can often be seen working at various part-time jobs: her only requirement seems to be that there's a uniform involved. It's much more rare to see her at the same job for more than a week or two, though.
- In addition to her activities on the Soccer, Track and Drama clubs, Michi's known hobbies include manga, squirrel and bird-watching, cosplay and drawing.
- Maybe it's the influence of her Persona, but Michi seems to have only a casual relationship with probability at times.
Aomori Michi is an example of:
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: debatable, but she's no less competent in combat than the people who seem to be paying attention.
- Fearless Fool: Averted. Michi is interested in the supernatural and the occult but has been shown to get freaked out when particularly nasty things start happening.
- Improbable Weapon User: Michi displays an uncanny knack for doling out violence with a humble soccer ball.
- Keet: Even though most people think she's a girl, Michi still qualifies as one of these.
- Tomboy: For the large part. She's not adverse to girly things and exhibits a lot of 'acceptable' female behavior, but she also seems to have no concerns about being perceived as unladylike.
- Wholesome Crossdesser: Rumors go both ways on this one, but Michi is in fact a boy.
- Error creating thumbnail: File seems to be missing: /home/m295reb/public_html/mw/images/d/d9/Michi-Nov11.jpg
About to hurt someone.